Monday, July 15, 2013


It was so cool to hear about the Clarks homecoming. I emailed Elder Bean and told him to look for you and I had very low hopes haha. But that kid is something special so it doesn’t surprise me at all that he found you. I love that guy.

 

Happy anniversary!! I didn’t realize you and dad had been married for 30 years. That’s super sweet.  A few days ago we walked into a fight between and investigator and his wife and it was awful. It got really ugly really fast and we just stood there and it stunk. Thank goodness for the gospel and good couples like you and dad. I never really appreciated how great our family is and how awesome of parents you and dad are. There are so many missionaries from broken families and it makes their lives so much harder. I know I was put into this family for a reason and I know that I wouldn’t be even close to the person I am now without your and dad so thank you. I love you and I’ll talk to you again soon :) 

 

             We did so many cool things this week! We got to go on a ton of exchanges and it was a really good week. Tuesday we drove down to Sullivan and we spent the day there. We did some tracting and it was just a good day overall.


 

Wednesday we went to the other side of the mission and spent the day in Decatur. There are 4 missionaries up there so we got to go on exchanges with a few people that day and it was a really good day again.


 

Thursday we went to Edwardsville and that one was really fun. We have spent a lot of time with those Elders and Sisters this transfer and we have become really good friends with them so getting to spend a whole day with them was fun. Pretty much all of these exchanges were just hours and hours of tracting which I have really learned to like a lot so that was fun. 

 

             Friday was fun because we went on our first zone leader exchange of the transfer. We went with the St Louis zone leader and they live about 5 apartments away from us so it’s really easy to go on exchanges with them. It was fun to get to be companions with Elder Wickham. We were in the MTC together and got along really well there but we haven’t been anywhere near each other for our entire missions. So getting to finally be around each other was fun. One cool thing that happened that day was when there were 4 of us together. It was me and Elder Wickham a visa waiter Elder Ford and a priest in their ward named Collin. Because there were 4 of us we split up and I got to go with Collin, We went tracting for about 30 minutes or so and it was really fun because he had never been before. We always love to get the members involved in tracting. 

 

               Saturday was probably the coolest day of the week. We went on our zone leader exchange with the Fairview Heights elders and it was their zones service day. This transfer every zone in the mission is having a zone wide service day. I don’t have any pictures yet because my camera is broken but I am having Elder Loveless send me some. We did all kinds of different things. The coolest thing we did was build a house. When we got there, there was just a foundation but then by time we left the entire frame of the house and all the inside walls were up. It was so much fun. Then we went to a part member family’s house and painted the entire inside and then drove around the city and painted fire hydrants (I’m still scrubbing green paint off my arms). It was a really fun day. That night was a blast because a member invited the entire zone over for a bon fire and dinner. So we spent most of the rest of the night in their backyard with the Morgan’s and a whole zone of missionaries playing games and just having a ton of fun. 

 

            This week at least a couple times a day I have just stopped doing whatever I was doing and thought about how happy I am. I just sit and think about the amazing friends that I get to be with every day and the different things I get to do as a missionary. My life is just so good right now! Elder Facer is an awesome companion, I love the missionaries in the office, the new mission president is so much fun to be around, and I get to see so many missionaries every week and get to know them better. We have interviews over the next 3 weeks so I’ll get to see every missionary in the mission again. I love my calling so much! Today we are going to play soccer under the arch with a couple zones worth of missionaries and I couldn’t be more excited. This gospel has changed my life and I am so thankful that I get to see it change other peoples as well. I couldn’t ask for a better life right now and I know that we can all feel the same way no matter what we are going through. This gospel is amazing and I’m so thankful for the change it has brought into my life.

 

-Elder Banks 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment